Talent Business Partner - Marketplace
Talent Business Partner - Marketplace
The Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best homes. Through expert human curation and innovative tech, we’re taking a scientific and systematic approach to vetting every home in every city launched, and accepting only the top 1%. Like a modern Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched 3 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 15-20% month on month; expanded to 6 cities; tested over 100,000 homes; developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector; and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales.
You will have the chance to impact the business at 360 degrees and will have full autonomy of your vertical. We have the confidence of our top-tier VCs and Angel backers (who backed companies like TransferWise, Citymapper, Appear Here, Graze, Depop, Zoopla, Secret Escapes to name a few). All of these reasons are why we're seeing top-tier senior leaders joining our team from companies like HotelTonight, Farfetch, McKinsey; and we’re continuing to add incredibly talented members across the whole teams and regions from the most successful scale-ups.
But don't just take our word for it - check out our recent features in Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhochman/2019/06/26/plum-guide-brings-curated-vacation-rentals-to-six-new-cities-this-summer/#5aa769845a91
We need more Plum People to power our global expansion. You'll be responsible for recruiting in our Marketplace team in every new city we open. Our ambition is to go from 12 to 30 cities in the next year so the challenge, and the opportunity is huge.
Your focus will be heavily on end-to-end delivery; hiring mainly sales and strategic account management professionals, business consultants, strategists. All must be exceptional! And most will require language skills.
As well as shaping how we hire, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in a number of talent focused projects including building our employer brand.
Mapping & Sourcing
- Map/identify the most relevant marketplace candidates to approach for each open and future role
- Search and select job boards/CV databases to source and approach suitable candidates
- Develop social media campaigns and seek opportunities to improve Plum’s presence in the start-up, two sided marketplace and hospitality communities
- Directly approach candidates, qualify and deliver candidate shortlist
- Build a readily available talent pipeline for various roles, with a speciality in the supply, acquisition, account management and business development vertices
Recruitment Lifecycle & Candidate Experience
- Lead the 360 recruitment lifecycle and hiring process, handling every aspect of the ATS, interview and selection process. This includes booking interviews, collecting feedback and communicating with candidates throughout the process
- Ensure the candidate experience is pleasant and constructive that even applicants who get turned down are happy that they applied. This includes keeping candidates up to speed on expectations, benefits, and application status at all times
- Partner with Hiring Managers ensuring all aspects of the role's requirements have been explored effectively to define the desired candidate profile, key skills and experience required
- Receive and review applications - qualify candidates using the appropriate screening and in-depth questioning techniques for each role
- Collect candidate feedback and inform them of the outcome when confirmed with the Hiring Manager
- Design employee on-boarding processes to ensure new employees are supported with the correct knowledge and skills to integrate into Plum’s culture
- Coach Hiring Managers in recruiting techniques - talent spotting, interviewing, culture fit, assessment, etc.
You will have a start-up / a two sided marketplace recruitment / talent acquisition background:
- Scarily ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough
- A hustler- you care about getting things done and when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to navigate
- Super organised - able to project manage complex processes with multiple hiring managers
- Target driven and intensely commercial
- A self-starting learner, confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done before
- Someone who’s a great teammate and a positive, motivated person to be around
- A great brand ambassador for Plum
- A great judge of character and skilled at interviewing and screening candidates
- An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling: not only will you be a leader in a VC-backed business, you’ll also be coached by some of the best
- Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the founders and management team to shape the company's strategy and direction
- Be an early team member of what we believe will be one of the most famous startups of the next 10 years
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, fundraising, product, brand and global expansion
- Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all