Social Media Executive
The Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best homes. Through expert human curation and innovative tech, we’re taking a scientific and systematic approach to vetting every home in every city we open, and accepting only the top 1%. Like a modern Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched 3 years ago in London. Since then, we have consistently grown 20% month on month; expanded to 12 cities; tested over 100,000 homes; developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector; and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales.
We are backed by some of the world’s top VCs and angel investors who have built many of the world’s most exciting companies. These include TransferWise, Citymapper, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, Depop, GymBox, Zoopla, LoveFilm, Secret Escapes to name a few.
Earlier this year we closed a £14m Series B round of funding. Our focus for the next 12 months is on building an exceptional brand & customer experience; and delivering hyper growth through an accelerated global rollout and you will play an important part in this.
We're looking for a bright and driven Social Media Executive to join the Plum Guide’s brand marketing team. You'll be charged with the management and growth of our social media accounts which will also include world-class content creation, scheduling and distribution as well as analysis and reporting of social media performance and activity.
The ideal candidate is someone who considers themselves to be both a creative and analyst: you’ll have a strong eye for beautiful image, know how to communicate with content and have a genuine interest in the resulting data to inform constant innovation.
You will own the following metrics:
- Audience growth and engagement across all our core social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Audience growth and engagement across our ‘member’ community through beautiful and engaging content emails
- Own and manage the weekly social content schedule across all platforms
- Analysing the post data on a daily basis to inform content tests (specifically for follower growth and traffic) to ensure we are performing as we should be in the future.
You will also:
- Proactively suggest initiatives and strategies to optimise the performance of the broader channel mix that the team owns, to help us hit our viral coefficient objective
- Own tracking, dashboard upkeep and reporting of the performance across all your channels
- Work alongside our in-house Creative Studio team to help create engaging content for our social channels.
Who We Are Looking For
You don’t need to have prior experience in start-ups or hospitality. The important thing is that you:
- Have a passion for social media, for taking photos and for content writing. Bonus points if you can make videos too.
- Experience managing social media accounts for your company (Including Instagram, Facebook etc).
- Have really high standards: you have great attention to detail and obsess about capturing that perfect shot, and finding the perfect words to describe it.
- Are a prolific producer: every moment out in the real world is an opportunity to create content. And lots of it!
- Are a self-starter: confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done before. Daily.
- Are speedy and efficient. You get satisfaction out of getting stuff done.
- Are a team player and a positive, motivating person to be around.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop) is preferrable, not essential.
- A passion for culture, travel, interiors and design is a bonus!
- An unparalleled opportunity to shape the image and voice of what we hope will become one of the most famous and iconic brands of the next 10 years.
- If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in your field.
- Work every day across inspiring cultural themes: homes, interiors, design, architecture and travel.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
- Competitive salary, based on level of experience.