Product Manager - Operations
We’re trading in 12 cities worldwide and in 6 months time we want that number to be 26. Expanding internationally at this speed requires that our Marketplace (home supply) and Finance team to operate exceptionally well.
Making sure everything we touch when it comes to money is bulletproof and scalable, and that the logistics of recruiting and managing hosts across the globe is an exceptional experience. These are the priorities for for this role for the next 12 months. And that’s where you come in.
This is a diverse role, with a wide range of responsibilities -- and absolutely crucial for us to remain a hyper growth company. You’ll have your own squad of engineers and access to UX and design resource to make your objectives happen. Day-to-day, you’ll report directly to the CPO and work with internal stakeholders including the CFO and Head of Marketplace.
Every 6 months we will jointly agree the 1 to 2 key metrics we want to move. Once we have aligned on that, it will be up to you to move them - remember you are the ‘CEO of product operations’ so you own these metrics.
We see this role falling loosely into three buckets:
Our financial systems
Understanding and modelling all of our financial requirements, and realising the right projects to make sure our systems can deal with them.
- Owning the algorithm for dynamic pricing
- Analysing commission structures and optimising for growth
- Modelling and vetting new merchant payments providers and additionally trading in new currencies
Our API and supply-side integrations
Our API and integrations with our partners are multipliers on our global expansion speed, ensuring property managers’ pricing and calendar data is synced automatically.
- Owning and prioritising the roadmap for the Plum API
- Supporting our partners as they onboard with the Plum API
- Owning and prioritising third party integrations into the Plum ecosystem
Our internal tools
You’ll need to work closely (alongside our product design team) with our customer care, finance, supply and demand-side sales teams, to make sure they all have the tools they need to operate exceptionally well.
- Re-imagine our CMS (pretty much our OS) from scratch
- Optimise our booking management system to increase efficiency of our sales team
- Half the time it takes to construct and publish a listing
Who we are looking for
You don’t need to have prior experience in hospitality or travel. The important thing is that you are (long list, for a reason!):
Commercial: You are able to show a track record of scaling systems in a fast-paced digital business and target driven.
Analytical: Mathematically natural, data-literate, data-driven and well versed in analytics.
Communicator: You have the ability to gather feedback, share ideas, opinions and lead the vision.
Open minded: Put aside any assumptions or judgements and merely analyse the information provided. Be able to collaborate across the business with stakeholders and prioritise for impact and speed.
Problem solver: Ability to analyze a problem, generate and implement a solution, and assess a plan for success. A key component of this is making decisions very quickly at every step of the product development process.
Customer minded: You obsess over the user experience by digging into their needs and journey. You understand personas and mapping journeys with instinctive UX.
Leadership: Lead teams towards a common goal without direct managerial responsibilities, by sharing their vision, influencing at all levels of the organisation and providing a safe space for the engineering teams to do their best.
Execute fast and deliver consistently: Break down the long term vision into smaller objectives and enable engineering teams to execute and deliver consistently in sprints. Provide clarity to cross-functional teams on the status of projects at all times.
Process: You care deeply about processes of engineering teams and have proven experience working in agile, writing user stories and acceptance criteria. Your tools allow you to map the progress of product development against company goals and business targets.
Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle.
- An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling: not only will you lead the operational expansion in a VC backed business, but will be coached by some of the best.
- You’ll participate in the option scheme. Suffice to say, our ambition is that everyone does extremely well out of Plum. Hopefully, the fact that we are backed by top tier investors gives you the confidence that we are not alone in believing Plum will make it big.