Product Manager - Host
You will be the product owner of our Host team, working closely with stakeholders from our marketplace team and across the wider business. In particular you will lead the product development in the following key areas:
- Host experience: concepting and productising the host experience, everything from on-boarding and communications to dashboards and pricing.
- Home acquisition: make it easier to find and integrate amazing homes into the collection quickly, owning our host API which provides calendar and price synchronisation solutions that suit both big global partners and individual hosts via channel manager integration.
- Testing criteria: owning and building on the secret sauce of The Plum Guide - our internal testing algorithm and platform with 250 questions and 350 data points about every single home in our collection. You help decide who’s in or out!
What you’ll get up to:
The kinds of things you will be doing include:
- Devising the platform’s operational vision and strategy: shaping what features, services and improvements we launch.
- Leading your team to concept world class builds including:
- Working with hosts and internal teams to really understand pain points and needs.
- Converting this understanding into concepts: user stories, visual mock-ups etc.
- Running sprints and prioritisation meetings with stakeholders.
- Testing and iterating the concept with hosts, staff and experts.
- Getting into the nitty gritty details of complex, analytical, and technical projects.
- Leading the engineering team to build and ship these products on time, on budget and to an extremely high standard.
- Running an always-on program of iteration, testing and improvement.
- Coordinating, managing and upskilling a world class squad of engineers.
Who we are looking for
This role does require a very diverse set of skills. As such, we will prioritise hiring people with the right raw talent and attitude, over particular skills. The important thing is that you:
- Find the idea of building one of the world’s most iconic digital products insanely motivating and have a super strong vision for what makes a great digital product.
- Are obsessed with understanding details, and are highly attuned to noticing pain points, needs, niggles and frustrations. You roll up your sleeves and get into the detail.
- A “conceptor” at heart: you find it easy to convert your insights into simple, intuitive and emotionally resonant concepts, interfaces and user journeys.
- Have proven experience in online product management including:
- Prototyping, spec writing, wireframing and test design.
- Overseeing and directing UX, analytics, design, research and technical talent.
- Iterating and improving product development processes.
- You believe no project is too complex and relish the delivery of them - and have examples of past products and features that you delivered from scratch.
- You care about being agile and shipping for impact.
- You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, risk management and changing requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- Experience prioritising projects based on impact and business goals and managing stakeholders accordingly.
- Experience leading technical teams to organise, prioritise and track tasks in a detailed manner. Experience of Scrum is a bonus.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who recognises where processes can be improved and initiates to improve them.
- Experience in internationalisation and localisation is a bonus.
- You are exceptionally organised, and scarily ambitious, with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
- Able to direct, inspire and drive collaboration between a diverse set of individuals: engineers, designers, researchers and project managers.
- An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling: not only will you lead the operational expansion in a VC backed business, but will be coached by some of the best.
- You’ll participate in the option scheme. Suffice to say, our ambition is that everyone does extremely well out of Plum. Hopefully, the fact that we are backed by top tier investors gives you the confidence that we are not alone in believing Plum will make it big.
- Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the founders and management team to shape the company strategy and direction.
- Be an early team member of what we believe will be one of the most famous startups of the next 10 years.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, fundraising, product, brand and global expansion.
- Competitive salary