Please note: Applications without a portfolio will not be accepted
Here at The Plum Guide we're building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. For real. We are taking a systematic approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the ones that will make for an unforgettable experience.
We are backed by an all-star VC cast including LocalGlobe with Octopus Ventures - who have also funded the likes of Secret Escapes, Trouva, depop, Moo, TransferWise, Zoopla and CityMapper. We are in London, Paris, Rome, Milan, New York and LA, and will be opening 20+ cities in 2019.
You'll be joining the Product Design team as a Product Designer. Our mission is to create amazing user experience, and transform Plum into a design-led startup (and we’re not just using buzzwords here!).
Our team is dedicated to understanding our users, their needs and behaviours. We're looking for someone passionate about shaping our product through great user experience and design.
What you'll do
- Help implement design practices that focus on our users, and shape product strategy together with product managers
- Build empathy for our customers, understand their wants and needs and build a strong vision for what we could do to help them
- Work with the team to define, design and iterate on product features, and to design and build our future design system
- Evangelise design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences)
- Define our design standards, documentation, and processes with the team to further our design practice
- Be a champion for quality and attention to detail, and help your product team understand and appreciate the impact of great design and how to make it happen
Who you are
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping digital products
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviours into great user experience and design
- You are proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, so you don't need someone over your shoulder, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
- You’re a visionary and an idealist, but you’re willing to hustle and make pragmatic decisions based on business needs
- You are great at communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively, and you love to present your work (or at least you're not mortally afraid of doing it!)
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, and you care about getting things right
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- You are great at writing UX copy
- You're talented in illustration, animation and designing iconography
- You are fluent/native in a second language
- Competitive salary, company pension scheme and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all
- Medicash health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Transparent, diverse and open culture
- An opportunity to progress your career and lead as our research capabilities grow
- Autonomy and ownership from the start
- Social outings, including our monthly ‘Plum Jam’
- Friday@5 company updates with snacks and drinks
- Kitchen with breakfast, plenty of snacks, array of teas, coffee and smoothies