The Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best homes. Through expert human curation and innovative tech, we’re taking a scientific and systematic approach to vetting every home in every city we open, and accepting only the top 1%. Like a modern Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched 3 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 15-20% month on month; expanded to 12 cities; tested over 100,000 homes; developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector; and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales.
We are backed by some of the world’s top VCs and angel investors who have built many of the world’s most exciting companies of today. These include TransferWise, Citymapper, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, Depop, GymBox, Zoopla, LoveFilm, Secret Escapes to name a few.
Earlier this year we closed a £14m Series B round of funding. Our focus for the next 12 months is on building an exceptional brand & customer experience; and maintaining hyper growth through accelerated global rollout.
Imagery is one of Plum’s most precious and differentiating assets. We spend a lot of time getting it right. Once a home passes the Plum test and is accepted to the collection, we arrange a photoshoot.
This opportunity is to become the first in-house photographer for one of the fastest growing tech startups in London. In collaboration with a network of freelance photographers, you will capture the world’s finest homestays, trendiest attractions and sought-after neighbourhoods for our website and marketing channels. Working with the London Collection and Brand Marketing teams, you’ll set the standard for home photography globally, shooting our best London homes and creating world-class imagery for our social media, including Instagram, Facebook and editorial emails.
No day here is the same: we’re looking for a creative who thrives in a fast-paced working environment with genuine variety to produce work of the highest quality for multiple teams.
What you’ll be up to:
- Visit some of the most beautiful vacation homes in London and meet their owners
-Work on photography guidelines to set the standard of our listings globally, working alongside our network of trusted freelancers
-50% of your time will be spent working with the London Collection team: capturing 10 home shoots per week
-50% of your time will be spent working with the Brand Marketing team: creating imagery for marketing channels and owning specific projects, such as neighbourhood shoots
- Prepare home shoots and work collaboratively with the stylist to achieve the Plum standard
- Edit, re-touch and format images to meet the requirements
- Be an ambassador of the Plum brand
We’re looking for energetic and passionate people who love their city. Get in touch if:
-You’re an enthusiastic interiors photographer with at least two years experience
- You’re passionate about interiors, design, and hospitality and have an opinion about what’s good enough, and what isn’t.
-You’re a digital native with experience creating content for social platforms including Instagram, Instagram Stories and Facebook
-You’re proficient using Abobe Creative Cloud (Lightroom and Photoshop).
- You have a solid portfolio of interior, design, or architecture photography.
- You’re able to tell a story about a space through photos – and can capture the things that make it special.
- You’re a people-person. You find meeting and getting to know new people easy and a pleasure, and regularly get told you make a great first impression.
- You’re organised and always on time for appointments and meetings.
- You’re committed. You take responsibilities seriously and never miss deadlines.
- You have exceptionally high standards. From food to art and fashion, you live and breathe design excellence and have an eye for it.
- You take pride in your work and wouldn’t dream of putting your name to something sub-standard.
- You share the same taste and standards for quality as our target guest: mature and affluent creatives and professionals.
An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in the scaling up of a high-growth start-up.
Genuine influence and ownership: you will work closely with the founders and leadership team in this role. There’s a lot of headroom to make a huge impact, very quickly.
If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in your space.
Competitive salary and options scheme.
At Plum we welcome a range of backgrounds of experience so if in doubt, please apply.