Internal Recruiter (Contract)
The Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best homes. Through expert human curation and innovative tech, we’re taking a scientific and systematic approach to vetting every home in every city launched, and accepting only the top 1%. Like a modern Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched 3 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 15-20% month on month; expanded to 6 cities; tested over 100,000 homes; developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector; and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales.
We are backed by some of the top VCs and angel investors who have built many of the most exciting companies of today. These include TransferWise, Citymapper, Appear Here, Graze, Depop, GymBox, Secret Escapes and many more.
We’ve just closed a £14m Series B round of funding. Our focus for the next 12 months is on building a unique and exceptional brand & customer experience; and maintaining hyper growth through an accelerated global rollout. This is where you come in.
We need more Plum People to power our global expansion. You'll be responsible for recruiting our Marketplace team in every new city we open. Our ambition is to go from 6 to 20 cities in the next year so the challenge, and the opportunity is huge.
Your focus will be heavily on end-to-end delivery; hiring mainly sales and account people, business consultants, strategists but all must be exceptional!
As well as shaping how we hire, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in a number of talent focused projects including building our employer brand.
Mapping & Sourcing
- Map/identify the most relevant candidates to approach for each open role
- Search and select job boards/CV databases to source and approach suitable candidates
- Develop social media campaigns and seek opportunities to improve Plum’s presence in the tech and hospitality community
- Directly approach candidates, qualify and deliver candidate shortlist
- Build a readily available talent pipeline for various roles, with a speciality ideally in sales, account management, and editorial roles
Recruitment Lifecycle & Candidate Experience
- Lead the 360 recruitment lifecycle and hiring process, handling every aspect of the ATS, interview and selection process. This includes booking interviews, collecting feedback and communicating with candidates throughout the process
- Ensure the candidate experience is so pleasant and constructive that even applicants who get turned down are happy that they applied. This includes keeping candidates up to speed on expectations, benefits, and application status at all times
- Partner with Hiring Managers ensuring all aspects of the role's requirements have been explored effectively to define the desired candidate profile, key skills and experience required
- Receive and review applications - qualify candidates using the appropriate screening and in-depth questioning techniques for each role
- Collect candidate feedback and inform them of the outcome when confirmed with the Hiring Manager
- Design employee on-boarding processes to ensure new employees are supported with the correct knowledge and skills to integrate into Plum’s culture
- Coach Hiring Managers in recruiting techniques - talent spotting, interviewing, culture fit, assessment, etc.
You don’t need to have prior experience in hospitality or tech start-ups. The important thing is that you are:
- Scarily ambitious and with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough
- A hustler- you care about getting things done and when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to navigate
- Super organised - able to project manage complex processes with multiple hiring managers
- Target driven and intensely commercial
- A self-starting learner, confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done before
- Someone who’s a great teammate and a positive, motivating person to be around
- A great brand ambassador for Plum
- A great judge of character and skilled at interviewing and screening candidates