French Localisation Manager
We’re looking for a creative, tech-savvy Localisation Manager to join The Plum Guide.
As we scale globally, our goal is for Plum to feel like a native product, wherever you’re from. For example if you’re French, Plum needs to feel like a French product, built by French people, for French people. This role goes well beyond like-for-like translation - it’s about finding ways to bring our brand and product concepts to life ways that are both distinctly Plum and culturally sensitive.
How do we really resonate with Parisians? How do we make sure we’re pulling Lyonnais heart strings? This is a chance to bring a brand to life in as many languages as we choose to launch.
You will have the opportunity to adapt all product content into French, and test the copy to ensure it feels and sounds natural, as well as coordinate a diverse range of localisation projects. You will need to collaborate closely with cross-functional, technical and non-technical teams as well as being responsible for overseeing a larger team of freelancers who produce our exceptional content.
You will thrive working in a fast paced, high growth environment and enjoy working autonomously and managing tight delivery schedules. You have a desire to learn new tools, processes and concepts necessary for this position.
Success in this role means playing a pivotal part in making Plum an aspirational French brand. Doing so will also ensure Plum can shorten time-to-market, reduce costs and have an important impact on our OKRs.
- Localise all Plum content from English across the Plum website and other content (we want to start with French but will roll out in multiple languages).
- Oversee localisation project assignments, from planning to implementation, working closely with local freelancers and all teams internally.
- Hire and manage a team of external freelancers/native language copywriters as necessary for each project / task.
- Keep communication open with other team members and give regular weekly updates.
- Collaborate with team members and the tech team to optimise processes and tools.
- Develop project plans and workflows, managing time, budget, resources and quality control.
- Identify and solve localisation issues or disagreements, whether system or product, identifies causes.
- Run both first line localisation through to copywriting and marketing copy.
- Lead project meetings and conference calls, including project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, resolving issues and performing post-mortems, managing the delivery of agreed upon active items.
- Present regular reports to Plum on progress and forecast of project team’s work status, escalating issues and evaluating needed support.
- Continually expand knowledge and education in localisation trends and news.
Specifically we are looking for someone with the following:
- French as a native-level and fluency in English essential (as we want to start in French)
- You know what exceptional writing skills look like - you understand craft, written flavour and hold brevity in high regard
- Experience directly related to project management (preferably in the localisation industry)
- Experience working on a digital product - you understand some of the unique challenges of writing UX copy
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Can meet deadlines and multitask at a fast pace
- Ability to operate as an effective individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member
- Self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to exceptional results
- Great communication skills and proactive attitude
- Understand the challenges of working in start ups and are able to move quickly and with agility.
- Prior experience in the hospitality/tech industry
- Keen interest in tech, social media and new technologies
- Knowledge of an extra language also a plus
Plum encourage diversity in professional backgrounds, if in doubt please apply!